January 6th, 2010 by Staff – Comments (7)
One thing I love about making soup is that it always ends up being special. I will never forget the story that one of my elementary teachers told me about Stone Soup. As you may know, the story is about a soup that started off with simply water and stones and as people passed by the maker of the soup to see what he is doing, each person ended up adding a special ingredient of their own until the soup became a community production.
This post is to encourage you to start your own special soup on a cold winter day such as today and make it a fun-filled event! Tell us about your experiences and we look forward to sharing more with you.
- Crock Pot
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Small Bag frozen sweet corn, or 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 small bag frozen sweet peas
- 3 Tablespoons Poultry Bouillon (Ropp’s Farm)
- 1 8 oz. Pkg. Egg Noodles (Ropp’s Farm)
1. Chop Celery and carrots in 1/4″ pieces
2. Place Whole chicken in crock pot.
3. Season Chicken with Bouillon, Salt & Pepper
4. Add 6-8 Cups water, enough to cover the chicken
5. Add all vegetables
6. Turn heat on high and cook for 5-6 hours
7. 30 min. before serving, add egg noodles and Viola!!
This made a savory, hearty and nutritious meal with little effort! Anyone can make this soup. We just made up the recipe as we were walking through the grocery store. You too can do this. Next time we might add a few onions, green peppers and cilantro for a Mexican flare!
If you haven’t made it by Ropp’s Farm & Bakery, it’s a nice drive out into the country just a few minutes north. Ropp’s is a great place to get fresh bread, jams and baked goods such as pies and pastries.
Ropp’s Farm & Bakery
Country Road 429
Chouteau, Oklahoma 74337